Another example would be (x-5) -7. In this equation you already know to shift it left 5 but then what about the -7 outside of the parenthesis. The number outside makes it shift vertically down 7 units.
2. For trig its all about memorizing and utilizing the unit circle. For the 4th quadrant I remember that you have to multiply by 2 and then subtract 1. Thats an easy way to remember it. The zeros are the easiest thing to remember on the circle, they are (1,0) (0,1) (-1,0) (0,-1). In quadrant 1 all the values are positive. Also for the unit circle an easy tip to remember is that most of it is just mirrored. For example the numbers 6 4 3 2 are all mirrored.
3. One thing that still confuses me is how to graph the sin and cos. Also how to graph the inverse. I still don't understand it.
sin and cos are pretty standard so I recommend you just memorize them.
ReplyDeleteWhat to remember about inverses is that it's a whole DIFFERENT function. The inverse of sine can be found by reflecting it about the y=x line and cutting off a piece of the wave.